Kattelus in the older days
Kattelus of Karjalohja — a short history of the village and the farm
The earliest traces of Kattelus farm lead to the 14th century. By the year 1549 there were four houses in the village. First written references have been found in old court documents from 1547. There’s an entry of 9 marks penalty to Lasse of Pyöli for punching three bruises at Jacob of Kattelus. Another penalty of 3 marks was sentenced to three farmers from Kattelus, Michel, Oleff and Lass for disregarding their duties in road and bridge maintenance.
The village of Kattelus has always been a traditional farming one even though forestry and fishing have also been important for living. At least from the 16th century onwards there has been farming to some extent on the fields of the village.
Source: Mäkelä, Matti (1998). Karjalohjan Kattelus — kylä ja tila — asutushistoriaa, omistajia, viljelijöitä. Self published.
The latest succession of the Kattelus farm took place in the beginning of 2011. Today we are dedicated to further developing organic farming and to providing quality accomodation for our guests. We feel also necessary to fulfill our personal values in business practices and especially to refine our environmental responsibility. We feel blessed to be able to live in the countryside and to raise our children here in this beautiful environment.
|Kattelus 17, 10360 Mustio, Finland||Kattelus 17 10360 MUSTIO|
Terhi Haataja: 050 303 3625
Mikko Haataja: 0400 017 289
For reservations by phone, call Terhi!